Saturday, July 29, 2006

Imrie is NED! [Post #5 11 AM]
NED=No Evidence of Disease!!!



Imrie’s fight began on Oct. 5th, when the Sherricks found a bump on the back of their 13-month-old daughter Imrie. The usually happy and active baby was visibly in pain, and it was quickly apparent that she was not able to crawl or stand. The couple rushed Imrie to the walk-in clinic at the Monticello Medical Center, where the suspected problem was a septic hip. Imrie was transferred to Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis, where a large mass was discovered in her chest and abdomen. Every parent’s worst nightmare came true when the doctors informed the Sherricks that the mass was, in fact, cancer: Neuroblastoma, Stage 3.

The tumor was pressing into her spine, so they did emergency surgery right away to relieve the pressure. Intense Chemotherapy finally brought her into NED status where she remains today!

Nikki’s notes: Imrie’s mom Carrie shared the following statement with me when discussing Imrie’s time in the hospital. It brought tears to my own eyes. “The sound of parents crying over their dying child is something that you never get out of you mind.” It’s something I personally hope I never have to hear.
Please visit the beautiful Imrie’s website here: www.caringbridge.org/visit/imrie.

[In other news, my boyfriend is hosting a surprise birthday party at our house today! I have to finish cleaning the house in between posts!! Grrr]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surfing the blogathon and I just wanted to say keep up the good work. :)

7/29/2006 11:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Amy Smith, I am the mother of Ethan Smith who you will be talking about later. I just wanted to stop in and see how things were going.

I want to say "thank you so much" for doing this for our Neuroblastoma fighters. I've read everything you've posted up till now, it's hard reading. It really stirs alot of pain within.

Keep up the great work. And to all the Neuroblastoma Fighters out there, that goes for you too- keep up the fight and stay strong.

7/29/2006 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger nikki the red said...

thank you amy!!! give ethan a hug for me!

7/29/2006 11:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home